Thursday, July 12, 2007

OK, SO I AM FINISHED


Some of you may or may not have known, but I have been working very hard over the past many months on a book. The book is about Conservatism in this country today, battling liberalism, and understanding it. The purpose is for people who do not know much about politics, or for people that do not care, to have something they can use as a reference, to make sure the left in this country does not pull a fast one on them.

I have finally completed the book, and I am currently trying to find a literary agent to get it published for me. If that does not work, then I will have to get it done myself. Yes, the first way would be easier, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I figured I would post this blog here because I suppose about 3 people read it anyway, if that, so not to many people will even care that I have written a book. Tom may, thats about it!!! LOL

If anyone of you would like to read the first chapter and give me your feedback, write to me at swd112083@gmail.com, or write me on my myspace page, and I will get that chapter out to you. The first 3 people who write me and want to read it get a copy free once it is published!

4 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't say I agree with much of what you write, but congrats on finishing your book! Good luck with the publishing. Look into self publishing , and also e-book models.

There are a lot of options available for new authors, and they really aren't at all bad to do. It's just the marketing that's hard (and, of, course, writing the book itself!).

 
At 2:18 AM, Blogger Conservative T and T said...

Well, thank you for leaving a comment. I thought maybe this page was like forbidden to be viewed by society there for a while.

Yes, it has been hard finding anyone who wants to read past the three pages these literary agents want to see. I have been turned down twice already, and waiting on two more. Self publishing will probably be the way I have to go. I'm not to up on the e-books thing, I am going to have to read into that.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The agents are impossible. They're flooded with submissions, and don't bother to read most of them.

This site has been reviewed well, and gives you a lot of options for binding, etc.

http://www.lulu.com/

Also, take a look at Seth Godin's techniques. He does a lot of innovative things like giving away a couple chapters or selling his books at a discount in batches to get them moving.

Good luck, and congrats again!

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Conservative T and T said...

Thanks for the advice..I will look into those two immediately! I really appreciate it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home