Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Illegal Immigration & Immigrants


My entire maternal side of the family emigrated to the United States. Most of them came from the middle east (IRAQ), though they were of Armenian (Christian) ethnicity. They all speak English, adjusted to the American way of life and the American schools they sent their children to DID NOT provide the option of Armenian-speaking classrooms, nor did any employment they secured in America offer employment guides in Armenian. Did my family lose their heritage? Of course not, I went to Armenian church, Armenian functions and I am proud of my ethnicity. Simply put, America offered a better life for my maternal side of the family and they have, to this day, been able to conduct their lives as Americans; yet they have retained their Armenian culture. I was born in America, I love apple pie, BBQ's, bowling, baseball games, etc, yet I go to Armenian churches, baptized my children Armenian and enjoy Armenian cuisine. Does my family feel slighted since the American g'vt did not provide Armenian options? No. My family understood what America was all about and adjusted. That being said, I think it is utterly preposterous that there are students in American public schools that cannot speak English and are offered their language-taught classes with my tax dollars. When I moved to Finland back in '91 do you think that the Finnish g'vt gave a damn that I couldn't speak Finnish? Nope. I had to learn the Finnish language, which I did and was able to make my way around in Finland. When my ex-wife and I moved back to America, we went thru hell at Immigration to get her a visa - even though she spoke fluent English. The Immigration Service reasoning was to ensure my ex-wife "would not be a burden to the American people and end up on public assistance," so we had to prove that she could work and live in American society. "A burden...?!?" So, someone please explain to me how all those hundreds of thousands illegal and not illegal immigrants who cannot speak a word of English are not "a burden to the American people?"

Coming from a multil-ethnic family, I am all for LEGAL immigration. America would not be America without all the contributions of our diverse ethnic population. My point is this: "what is good for the goose is good for the gander." The American g'vt simply cannot give special accommodations to one ethnicity without offering it to all, in my opinion. I live in Sharon, PA in the northwestern section of the state and there are English and Spanish written all over the local businesses. Last I checked, I did not notice a huge influx of Hispanic growth in my area. I do, however, notice a large Italian and Slavic flavor to the population, yet I see no Italian or any type of Slavic language on public businesses. We have Christian and Jewish holidays on the American calendar? Fine, then put Muslim, Hindu, Taoist, etc, holidays on it as well. Or, wait, I have a much better idea: HOW ABOUT PUTTING JUST AMERICAN HOLIDAYS ON THE CALENDAR? Ya think? I won't feel slighted that no Armenian, German, Irish, Welsh, Slovak or British holidays are on the calendar because I am aware I live in the USA not Armenia, Germany, the UK or Slovakia. Get my point? I realize the calendar example seems trivial but I say either offer the same options to ALL ETHNICITIES or none at all. Fair is fair.

As far as illegal immigrants, I strongly believe if handled properly, we can as a country solve this problem. I offer an example: my mother belonged and contributed to an Armenian group funded by Armenians living in America that helped other Armenians emigrate to America. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breath free..." We have, as a country, a moral obligation to provide for immigrants. I just believe they should make their life here in America legally and not come here for a short duration and take all the money they earned illegally back to their country of origin. That is not what the idea behind Ellis Island was all about.

3 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are more crowded than Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to "assimilate," i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I'm not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn't object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Conservative T and T said...

I don't know if you can say there is a RACE problem per say!I also do not know if you will find many people outside the black communtiy that thinks so either. But that is beyond the point here. We are talking about the TRUE way of immigration, the way our grandparents and great grandparents did it. The way Tom said his family came here. They came here legally, and they were willing to work.

Now, being anti-white is a whole different story all together. I do believe there are people out there that are anti-white!Although, especially in this country, the number is very small. Worldwide, when we are talking about something as touchy as race, nobody really knows where anyone stands.

I do not think anyone here wants to group together people by race either. That has never even come up in conversation with me and others on this very same topic. I believe it is all about merging nations for the power hungry of the world, but that would be the extent of that.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Tom said...

as soon as everyone (or, that is the liberal PC machine) stops labeling everyone (African-American, Hispanic-American, etc) racism will start to lose its appeal. However, if we keep on labeling everyone, then racism will thrive since everyone has a label instead of just being a human being...that is until the aliens arrive, then they'll become the slang minority...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home